A Workplace full of Pride, Values and a Sense of Family
Several readers have been writing to ask about the We ♥ Our Workplace Video Contest. Namely, they want to know if we’ll be hosting it again, to which we enthusiastically answer, “yes!” Second they want to know what it takes to win, which is a little harder to answer.
The videos we received were so vastly different that our finalist submissions often appear to have nothing in common!
To help get you started thinking about your submission for next year, we thought we’d revisit this year’s finalists and tell you what made them special, starting with our winner, AppleTree Answers.
AppleTree Answers voice-less video certainly said a lot, and was the video that most often left us in tears. Here are a few things that really stood out about the video:
- It tells a little bit of the company’s history, illustrating how they’d gone from a company of one, to a company of 600 proud employees.
- It shares AppleTree’s core values and credits those values with helping them grow the business.
- The specific stories about the Dream On Program show how AppleeTree has gone above and beyond and really impacted the lives of employees and their families.
- It conveys that this is more than just a job for most at AppleTree—that employees feel like and are treated like experts.
- And finally, the video conveys a real sense of family and that it is okay to be yourself at AppleTree Answers.
We loved AppleTree Answers’ video and more importantly, so did our Conference audience who voted them #1.
What do you see when you watch this video? What does this video say to you about their workplace?