Session Content & Speaker Guidelines
1. PRESENTATION CONTENT:
Speakers provide a mix of inspiration, information, and tangible “how to” approaches that attendees can take back to their organizations. Breakout session presentations should provide practical takeaways that would be helpful to fueling leaders’ role in creating a great workplace. Audience members in the past have used the following adjectives to describe their favorite breakout sessions:
- Great ideas to take back
- Inspiring stories
- Practical guidance
- Specific examples and case studies
- Honest, candid and genuine
*IMPORTANT CONTENT NOTES:
- Background company information should not take up more than five minutes of the presentation.
- As you create your presentation, please carefully review your session title/description to ensure they are aligned.
2. PRESENTATION TIMING:
All breakout sessions are 1-hour in length and follow this general structure:
- 2-3 min – Introduction by Great Place to Work® staff
- 45 min – Presentation
- 10-15 min – Audience Q&A
3. DRESS CODE:
Speakers are asked to dress in business attire.
4. ONSITE INSTRUCTIONS:
Prior to the conference, you will receive more details about when and where to arrive at the Hyatt Regency Chicago in preparation for your presentation.
Audio/Visual & Attendee Information
- Drafts of presentations and videos are due on or before April 17, 2017 for review
- Final presentations are due on or before April 24, 2017
- Please download the 2017 Conference PowerPoint template
- Please upload your completed presentation on this page in the submission box to the right
- If you will be submitting a supplemental video, please also upload it to the right in the submission box
1. AUDIO/VISUAL NEEDS:
Speakers will be provided with:
- Wireless lavaliere microphone
- Laptop to project your presentation
- Wireless remote control device for advancing your slides
- Slides will already be uploaded into our system for viewing
PLEASE NOTE: There will NOT be a confidence monitor in the room, however, the presentation that will be projected will appear on the laptop on a podium at the front of the room on a riser.
2. AUDIENCE SIZE:
Approximately 150-300 attendees per concurrent breakout session (~1,300 attendees at overall conference).
3. AUDIENCE PROFILE:
Great Place to Work® Conference attendees are leaders with the ability to influence workplace culture. Approximately 50% of the audience is comprised of executive-level leaders. Others attendees are managers, generalists and specialists responsible for workplace culture.
4. AUDIENCE ACCESS TO PRESENTATIONS:
We will post all presentations in a password-protected area on the Great Place to Work® website for attendees following the Conference. We may also use your materials in future presentations or publications related to creating great workplaces, unless you instruct us not to.
Supplemental Video Document
First Download our Deck Template
All conference speakers are asked to use the Conference PowerPoint Template. Instructions on installing fonts for the template are included in the zip folder.
When Complete, Send it to us
IMPORTANT: Naming Guidelines - Please make sure to include your company name in both your PPT and Video (if applicable) i.e. GreatPlacetoWorkPPT.ppt