Complete Your Order
Registration is easy, secure your spot now.
Please enter a password, and your payment information to complete the purchase
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms of Participation in Great Place to Work's Certification Program
To participate in Great Place To Work's (GPTW) Certification Program and any of our Best Workplaces Lists including the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® competition, a participating company (Participant) must comply with the following eligibility requirements:
- The Participant should ensure that the survey is accessible and understandable to their employees. For example, if Participant has employees who do not have regular access to a company provided email address, a paper version of the survey should be provided.
- The Certification process must be completed within the 12 month time period immediately after purchase. Multi-year Certification Program Participants must complete Certification each year.
- The Participant must complete the Certification process within the 12 month time period immediately after purchasing a subscription. If the Participant has purchased a 2 or 3 year Certification Program, the process much be completed each year.
- The Participant should select a true representative sample of their employees across all levels of the organization to ensure that there is no bias toward one department, level of employees or to any one demographic group.
- A minimum number of responses must be received by the Participant to ensure a 95% confidence level in the results. The exact number of responses required will be provided.
- The Participant may be publicly-traded, private, a co-operative or non-profit. Government agencies with more than 999 employees are not eligible to participate for the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, but can be certified and participate in Best Workplaces Lists.
- Subsidiaries and divisions are eligible for certification. However, Participants in our Best Workplaces lists including the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® competition must apply as the parent organization, including all subsidiaries, divisions and departments. If you would like to discuss participating separately from your parent organization, or if you feel the need to exclude a subsidiary, please indicate in the text area below.
- If more than 25% of the Participant's workforce is affected by a merger or acquisition or divestiture, the Participant will be eligible as long they survey their combined workforce after the event takes place, and their submission must reflect any resulting changes.
Our Approach: Integrity, Confidentiality, and Positive Recognition
Integrity of Our Selection Process
- Any Participant that is Great Place to Work-Certified™ or appears on one of our lists is selected primarily on the basis of their employees' responses to the Great Place to Work® Trust Index©, a proprietary employee survey developed by Great Place. In addition, we review the Participant's response to the Great Place to Work® Culture Brief™. and Culture Audit©. For the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list in particular, we will evaluate the Culture Audit© and consider materials submitted by the Participant, as well as information gathered from other reputable sources such as media stories about the company.
- Great Place will not consider personal relationships, gifts, or any other influences (or attempted influences) in the selection of the Participants for a list.
- Great Place 's assessment/consulting practice helps companies become great workplaces, but the assessment/consulting part of our business does not help Participants to appear on a list.
- Evaluators involved in the selection of Participants for a list must sign non-disclosure agreements and are screened for potential conflicts of interest before participating in the evaluation process.
Confidentiality: Data, Materials, and other Company Information
- Great Place will only provide company data to approved media and research "partners" who have been authorized in advance by written agreements with Great Place for purposes of developing and publishing a list and/or related findings. This data may include selected data points gathered in the Culture Audit, specific Trust Index survey results, and employee comments.
- FORTUNE Magazine has been Great Place's trusted "partner" in producing lists of great workplaces since 1997, therefore the editors at FORTUNE Magazine may review all material submitted in response the Culture Audit as well as the aggregated Trust Index scores. However, FORTUNE Magazine will not receive any personally identifiable information.
- Great Place may publish reports containing aggregate results of multiple list Participants, provided the data contains five (5) or more Participants' combined results and according to Great Place's Positive Recognition Guidelines.
- Great Place may use aggregate data to publish reports, articles or books in addition to lists of great workplaces and workplace reviews.
- Great Place will not release an individual Participant's survey scores without prior written permission and will request permission only to provide Positive Recognition.
- Great Place may cite examples of a Participant's best practices in presentations and speeches, media interviews, articles, and other communications, but only in accordance with its' Positive Recognition Guidelines.
- Except in the manner set forth above or to a Participant's authorized contacts, Great Place will not disclose whether a Participant applied to a current or past Recognition Program.
- This Agreement does not apply to any information of the Participant that (a) is or becomes available in the public domain; (b) becomes available to Great Place on a non-confidential basis from a third party or (b) is consented to disclosure by Participant.
Positive Recognition Guidelines
- Positive Recognition will be provided to all Participants named in publicity and findings distributed by Great Place and its media partners. No Participant will be negatively critiqued for its efforts, policies, programs or practices.
- Great Place may publish findings on a Participant that appears on a list without prior approval from the Participant, provided this use is in accordance with these Positive Recognition Guidelines.
- Great Place will seek prior written approval to publish any findings beyond what is published in their review for a Participant that does not appear on a list.
Great Place to Work® Institute, Inc. Terms of Participation
By signing the Terms of Participation (the "Consent"), I affirm I am an authorized representative of the company listed below and its affiliates (collectively, the "Participant"), and have the authority to enter into these Terms of Participation on behalf of the Participant. The Participant agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein. The Participant irrevocably authorizes and grants to Great Place to Work Institute, Inc.("Great Place") the right to use the data, information and other material it and its representatives provide (collectively, the "Material") as part of the Great Place to Work Certification Program List competition, including the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® competition, at its discretion for purposes of developing and publishing a list or related findings. This Material may include selected data points gathered in the Culture Brief and Culture Audit, specific Trust Index survey results, and employee comments.
The Participant waives any inspection or approval of any such Material or the use thereof and it acknowledges and agrees that this Consent includes the right of Great Place to copy, cut, crop, edit, revise, alter, adapt, modify, or otherwise change and use the Material, in whole or in part, without any further approval by or consideration.
These terms are the complete understanding and agreement between the parties with respect to the initial participation of the Participant. They can be amended, modified or waived only by a written instrument signed on behalf of the party against which such amendment, modification or waiver is asserted. These terms are to be to be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California (excluding conflicts of law principles). All disputes arising out of or related to these terms not resolved within 30 days following notice thereof given by one party to the other shall be finally resolved by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules. The arbitration proceedings will be conducted in San Francisco, California, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
All Great Place to Work® Certification Program orders are non-refundable. The Participant waives any legal claim to any compensation or receipt of consideration of any kind for the rights granted by this Consent. I warrant and represent that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age or older, have reached the age of majority in my state of residence, am an authorized representative of the Participant and have the requisite authority to enter these Terms of Participation on behalf of the Participant, and execute this Consent voluntarily.
By entering your name and company, I acknowledge that: (1) I intend to execute this Terms of Participation/ Consent; (2) I have read and understood all of the terms of the Terms of Participation; (3) I am over 18 years old; (4) I am an authorized representative of the Participant and have authority to execute this Terms of Participation on behalf of the Participant; and (5) I, on behalf of the Participant, hereby agree with and accept all of the terms and grant the rights to Great Place to Work Institute, Inc. as set forth in the Terms of Participation.