The Employee Wellness Program has become the new standard at Best Companies. The reasons for this are obvious: increasing insurance rates and cost of care, colluding with increased incidents of chronic disease and an aging workforce, necessitate measures for preserving employee well-being and curbing expenses.
As the percentage of an employee’s health care premium is covered by the employer has decreased, the rate of wellness programs, and awards and reimbursements for healthy habits, has increased.
Here’s a glimpse of what Wellness Programs look like at the 100 Best.
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has a Family Wellness Program that offers families complimentary wellness coaching.
- The “Steppin’ For Miles” program at Intuit gives employees and their spouses/partners cash rewards for tracking their movement with a pedometer.
- At Devon Energy, employees who select the healthy meal option in the cafeteria enjoy a 20% discount.
- Employees and their spouses/partners at DreamWorks can receive cash bonuses for logging a specific number of workout hours at the fitness facility of their choosing during a specific timeframe.
- The Well-Being Help Center at Bright Horizons provides an array of amenities that support employees’ total well-being, featuring services such as financial counseling, grief support, and tools for planning weddings, children’s birthday parties, vacations and more.