|August 25, 2017||Last Day to Submit a Breakout Session Proposal|
|September 18, 2017||Announcement of Accepted Proposals|
|March 7-9, 2018||Great Place to Work® For All™ Summit in San Francisco|
SHARE YOUR STORY
Each year at the Great Place to Work® For All™ Summit, we highlight leaders across industries who know what it takes to create and sustain a great workplace—for all employees. These speakers help propel our mission forward by sharing their experiences, trials, and triumphs with an audience eager to learn.
We are accepting submissions from those interested in speaking at our 2018 Great Place to work® For All™ Summit in San Francisco. The critical framework for the Summit will examine the Future of Work as it focuses on "People First" in the following key areas:
A) Leadership — How high-trust leaders can achieve better business outcomes. Examples include:
- Creating transparency
- Scaling and sustaining growth
- Setting the stage for retaining top talent
B) Innovation — What innovations will help individuals bring their fullest human potential to the workplace. Examples include:
- Using strategic technology tools to enhance culture
- Transformative people practices
- Creating collaborative work spaces
C) Building a Values-Based Business — Aligning your people practices to maximize organizational effectiveness. Examples include:
- Inspiring employees to bring their best selves to work
- Connecting across teams to fuel collaboration
- Developing external partnerships that align and strengthen your organizational values
To view examples of our content from last year's conference in Chicago, please review our 2017 program for examples of sessions selected for the agenda.
Qualities of what we look for in Focus Session Speakers:
- Senior leaders at Great Place to Work®-Certified companies (Executive, Director or C-Suite levels).
- Subject-matter experts with both strategic and tactical experience on the proposed topic.
- Adept at delivering big ideas with concrete examples of how these ideas are applied within their own organization.
- Experienced speaking to diverse groups comprised of frontline employees and executives between 150 to 300 people.
- Skilled at balancing engaging storytelling with actionable insights on creating a high-trust culture.
- Passionate about sharing innovative and tangible approaches to workplace culture that deliver business results.
- Transparent about challenges and open to answering questions on how issues are addressed.
- Willingness to share their own personal stories/anecdotes as it relates to their company’s culture and business journey.
Speaking Proposals Selected for the 2018 Great Place to Work® For All™ Summit will:
- FOCUS: Address one of the three key areas: Leadership, Innovation or Building a Values-Based Business.
- ENGAGE: Attendees of the event are executive-level leaders with direct experience on working through workplace challenges and have the ability to influence workplace culture. We are looking for innovative and experiential sessions that provide tangible learnings beyond the basics and delve into the challenges your organization has faced. Presenters should be ready to walkthrough the specific steps taken to address the organizational challenges with the audience.
- EXPLAIN: Feature proven and clear case studies, best practices, and how-to’s that organizations can implement. Presenters should include examples of how their high-trust workplace culture leads to better business results.
- BE APPLICABLE: Focus sessions should maintain a balanced perspective so that attendees of all industries and company sizes will be able to leave with clear, tangible takeaways.
- EDUCATE: Sessions selected will meet the criteria for the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Business Management & Strategy Credit and SHRM Bodies of Knowledge, which can be found in the HRCI PHR® and SPHR® Body of Knowledge and SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge.
About the Focus Sessions:
- Each session is 60 or 75 minutes: 45 or 60 minutes of content and facilitation / 15 minutes Q&A.
- Audience size will vary between 150-300 leaders per Focus Session.
- Speakers who are selected will receive a complimentary pass to attend the Summit.
- Travel and accommodations will not be provided for speakers.
Your Focus Session Proposal
If this is your first time submitting a proposal to speak at a Great Place to Work® event, please carefully review our 2017 program for examples of sessions selected for the agenda.
*Please note: Focus Sessions take the place of what we have historically called Breakout Sessions, as we are looking for speakers to delve deeper into the "how-tos" of their culture journey through the three key focus areas listed above.
Please review the details for the Call for Proposal page and fill out the application below with your proposed session no later than Friday, August 25th at 5:00 pm PST.
By September 18th, you will be notified if your proposal is on the shortlist for consideration (in which we will ask you to submit additional in-depth information for review before a final decision is made) or is not accepted. We will also keep your proposed session on file for future opportunities.