2023 Best Workplaces™ award deadlines are closing soon. Start your application today!
Updated May 2023.
Employees say this is a great place to work
About The Company
GitLab is the most comprehensive, scalable enterprise DevSecOps platform for software innovation. GitLab enables organizations to increase developer productivity, improve operational efficiency, reduce security and compliance risk, and accelerate digital transformation. More than 30 million registered users and more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust GitLab to ship better, more secure software faster.
983 U.S.-based Employees
San Francisco, CA, US
Company Culture at GitLab
The employee experience below at GitLab, compared to a typical company.Learn More
89% of employees at GitLab say it is a great place to work compared to 57% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company.
- Typical Company
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
When you join the company, you are made to feel welcome.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position.
Why Work at GitLab?
See what employees say about what makes GitLab a great workplace. These words are drawn from employee comments on the Trust Index™ survey.
Life at GitLab
1 / 7
2 / 7
3 / 7
4 / 7
5 / 7
6 / 7
7 / 7
Best Workplaces Lists
Great Place To Work® is proud to recognize GitLab
- #10 in Best Workplaces for Parents™ 2022 (Small And Medium)
- #14 in Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology™ 2022 (Small And Medium)
- #21 in Fortune Best Medium Workplaces™ 2022
- #17 in Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2022 (Small And Medium)
- #5 in Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™ 2022 (Small And Medium)
- #88 in Fortune Best Medium Workplaces™ 2021
- #44 in Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021 (Small And Medium)
- #30 in Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology™ 2021 (Small And Medium)